The Progress section provides links to a number of documents that have been used in Student Life's strategic planning efforts. Taken together, the information provided tells the story of Student Life's strategic plan. Included are links to summary documents in narrative form.
After the update of the University of Minnesota Duluth Strategic Plan at the end of 2017, the Division of Student Life embarked on an update of the 2012-2018 Strategic Plan. Highlights of the process follow.
- The Student Life Strategic Plan update was the focus of the Student Life Directors Team in their summer 2018 retreat.
- In February of 2019, workgroups (pdf) were formed around five Strategic Plan goal areas (Learning, Cultural Competence, Wellness, The Student Life Experience, and Resources). The workgroup membership was cross-functional and comprised of Student Life staff from different departments. Each workgroup was led by a Student Life Director.
- The workgroups completed their recommendations in May of 2019.
- In summer 2019 the Directors Team reviewed the recommendations of the workgroups and adopted the suggested changes with minimal revisions.
- Feedback about the updated plan was solicited from all Student Life staff and reviewed by the Directors Team in September/October 2019.
- The Student Life Directors adopted the revised plan on October 3, 2019.
A more detailed description of the process is found in this document (pdf).
- Attachment Y: Strategic Planning Timeline (pdf)
- Attachment Z: VC Erwin's Student Life Spring Retreat Presentation - June 2013 (Prezi)
- Attachment AA: Student Life Department Plan Template (pdf)
- Attachment BB: Clemson University Annual Reports
- Attachment CC: Clemson University Balanced Scorecard (no longer available online)
- Attachment DD: Student Life Planning and Assessment Cycle (pdf)
- September 30, 2013 - VC Erwin's Student Life Kick-Off Breakfast 2013 presentation - September 2013 (Prezi)
- Attachment N: Strategic Planning Timeline (pdf)
- Attachment O: VC Erwin's strategic planning presentation - August 2012 (Prezi)
- Attachment P: AVC Smyth's assessment presentation - SL Directors Retreat (pdf)
- Attachment Q: VC Erwin's update to the division - September 2012 (Prezi)
- Attachment R: Student Life Goal Group members (pdf)
- Attachment S: Student Life Goal Groups Charge 2012 (pdf)
- Attachment T: VC Erwin's update to the division - December 2012 (Prezi)
- Attachment U: Final Student Life Strategic Plan (pdf)
- Attachment V: Student Life Departmental Missions (Google doc)
- Attachment W: VC Erwin's presentation on Student Affairs Models - February 2013
- Attachment X: Notes from Student Affairs Model Session (pdf)
- Attachment A: UMD Strategic Plan (pdf)
- Attachment B: Definitions of Mission, Vision and Values Statements (pdf)
- Attachment C: Examples of Mission and Vision Statements from Other Organizations (pdf)
- Attachment D: Examples of Values Statements (pdf)
- Attachment E: Values Words (pdf)
- Attachment F: Action Words (pdf)
- Attachment G: UMD Integrative Learning in the 21st Century (2010) (pdf)
- Attachment H: UMD Student Success Strategy Map (pdf)
- Attachment I: 30-60-90 UMD Student Success Map (pdf)
- Attachment J: UMD Learning Goals and Outcomes (pdf)
- Attachment K: Directors Retreat Exercise (pdf)
- Attachment L: Directors Retreat Exercise Results (pdf)
- Attachment M: Feedback about draft mission statements (pdf)