Hello from Student Life at the University of Minnesota Duluth!
You'll see from the links at left that Student Life includes a wide range of offices, programs, and services. We are committed to our students and passionate about their academic success, personal development, and overall wellbeing while they are at UMD, as well as their professional and personal success as our alumni. We count faculty, staff, parents, employers, alumni, and the Duluth community as important partners in our work with students and we're honored to provide support and services to those groups as well.
Our mission is to engage our students in meaningful ways. We seek to:
- Help Students Grow and Learn as leaders and citizens of the world
- Embrace Where We Live and connect our students to opportunities in recreation, employment, community service, and sustainability
- Provide Support for our students' well-being in terms of where they live, where they eat, where they play, and where they connect
- Be There for our students as they face challenges
- Develop and Demonstrate our own commitment to social justice, diversity and inclusion, and create opportunities for our students to do the same
- Look Toward the Future as we help students prepare for the world of work and connect with UMD as alumni
- Be Good Stewards of the resources entrusted to our staff by students, families, and the citizens of the State of Minnesota
We love college students and we love where we live. The combination is exhilarating and rewarding! Students at the University of Minnesota Duluth bring talent, energy, and diverse perspectives to our campus. In turn, it's our privilege in Student Life to be part of their journey.
SincerelyLisa Erwin, PhD
Vice Chancellor for Student Life and Dean of Students